Makitas 90 year presence in the industry has made it a name that stands for technology, innovation and design. The Makita Belt Sanders are sure-shot successful because of the varied models that are available. Their motors are powerful in their design and use the best in quality materials. Their testing process is tough and hence products from this company stand out!
These belt Sanders efficiently sands wood with the help of an encased motor which has a traversing belt of sand paper. The sand paper is firmly placed on the belt. These belt Sanders have a lot of places where it can be applied, specifically in sanding large area of wood such as doors, table tops, wooden work tops. Also they could be used for sanding metal and removing paint, varnish and rust.
The biggest strengths of Makita Belt Sanders are the great variable speed dial control. The adjustable armature (as in model 9032) helps sanding the corners. The biggest weakness is matching a belt to fit that tool. Belts of other local manufacturers do not fit in to this system. Thereby finding a belt becomes a tough task. This issue can be taken care of if the company can change the arm size to the standard sizes available. This could save its users a lot of time when they can change the belt with any of the local suppliers products. This improved compatibility will make them a great tool to invest on.
There are many models for contention which have been developed for specific needs.
Lets us analyze some of the models:
1. Model 9741: This is a wheel sander with powerful 7.8 amp motor which delivers 3,500 rpm for fast and efficient paint and rust removal.
2. Model 9032: This is a variable speed belt sander with a slim design. The design is a boon to filing and sanding to reach hard areas.
3. Model 9403: This is a 4×24 belt sander with powerful 11 amp motors useful for heavy duty purpose.
4. Model 9924DB: This is a 3×24 belt sander which could be used for low profile balanced design.
5. Model 9404: This is a 4×24 belt sander with variable speed and also with an electronic speed control.
6. Model 9920: The least noise producing belt sander in this category and has an arm of 3×24 and has variable speed.
7. Model 9903: This Belt sander provides variable speed around 690 1440feet per minute and also has the electronic speed control.
8. Model 9911: This model with a powerful motor delivers a variable belt speed of 250-900 feet-per-minute.
9. Model 9031: This has an arm length of 1-1/8th×21 a variable speed of 656- 3280 feet per minute.
Belts are of two varieties, one of 80 grits and 100 grits are available for most of these belt sanders. For a cleaner work environment it is fitted with a standard dust bag. This also includes an abrasive belt which comes with the package.
Makita Belt Sanders are indeed the best companions for our wood workers!